Sometimes, you just want to see all the Campaigns for an Account, based on the Contacts associated and their Campaigns. Well, you can, and here is how I setup the Process after the question was posted on the Salesforce Success Community site.
- Create an “Account” field on the Campaign Member Object. The related list on the Account should be called “Campaigns” or something similar
- Any additional fields you want displayed on the Account’s related list should be created on the campaign member to = the campaign’s field values
- Update the Account page layout to display the necessary fields from the campaign member’s campaign
Part 2, updating the Account
- Create a Process with Process Builder that is based on the Campaign Member.
- Have the following criteria:
- Campaign Member’s Contact’s Account <> Account Field
- ContactId is null = False
- Contact.AccountId is null = False
- Set your action to Populate the Account custom field on the Campaign Member with the Accountid from the Contact, and you’re good to go.
Not so scary right? Didn’t think so. Now, don’t forget to create a custom report type for Accounts with/without Campaign Members so you can report on the data.
You can install the package in your sandbox or dev org with the links below. The package includes the process, campaign member account field, and a custom report type for Accounts w/without Campaigns.